Botox, Dermal Fillers Procedures and Benefits
Botox contains purified bacteria that freeze muscles to stop ageing. In doing so, Botox can help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by facial expressions.
Whereas, Dermal fillers contain ingredients that add fullness to areas that have thinned due to ageing. This thinning is common in the cheeks, lips, and around the mouth.
People should be aware of the costs and risks of these treatments and have realistic expectations of what they can do.
Botox is a purified form of the botulinum toxin that is obtained from bacteria. Though it is deadly in larger amounts, the tiny, regulated amount of botox given to correct wrinkles has been used safely for decades.
Botox works by blocking nerve signals in the muscles where it is injected. When those nerve signals are interrupted.
The affected muscle is temporarily paralyzed or frozen. Without the movement of these selected muscles in the face, certain wrinkles may be softened, reduced, or even removed.
Botox and other treatments made with botulinum toxin are sometimes called neuromodulators or neurotoxins.
What can Botox correct?
Botox only works on wrinkles that are caused by muscle movement. These are known as dynamic wrinkles and are often called expression lines.
The most common dynamic wrinkles that Botox can treat are lines on the upper face, such as the between the brows.
Horizontal lines on the forehead, and crow’s feet around the eyes. These lines are caused by smiling, frowning, squinting, and other facial expressions.
Botox will not work on fine lines and wrinkles caused by sagging or loss of plumpness in the face.
These are known as static wrinkles. Static wrinkles include lines in the cheeks, neck, and jowl areas.
Botox procedure is not a permanent treatment. Repeated treatments are necessary for continued wrinkle-reducing effects.
Most of the people find that the muscle-relaxing effect of Botox lasts for 3 to 4 months.
Botox side effects and considerations:
Considers Botox treatment to be safe, and 6.7 million procedures were performed in 2015. As Botox wears off over time, most side effects are only temporary.
Possible side effects of Botox include:
- Drooping of the eyelid or brow if injected near the eye.
- Weakness or paralysis of nearby muscles.
- Hives, rashes, or itching.
- Pain, bleeding, bruising, swelling, numbness, or redness.
- Dry mouth.
- Flu-like symptoms.
- Trouble swallowing, speaking or breathing.
- Gallbladder problems.
- Blurry vision or vision problems.
The treatment may also fail to work due to antibodies that fight the toxin. This happens in less than 1 per cent of people who have repeated Botox treatments, however.
The Dermatologist in Delhi advises people not to rub or massage the area of the injection after having Botox treatment.
This could spread the toxin to the surrounding skin, causing muscle drooping and other problems.
Dermal fillers, sometimes called soft tissue fillers, are substances designed to be injected beneath the surface of the skin to add volume and fullness.
What are dermal fillers?
Substances used in dermal fillers include:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite, Which is a mineral-like compound found in bones.
- Hyaluronic acid, which is found in some fluids and tissues in the body that add plumpness to the skin.
- Polyalkylimide, A transparent gel that is compatible with the body.
- Polylactic acid, Which stimulates the skin to make more collagen.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres, a semi-permanent filler.
Each one of these is designed to treat different signs of ageing or other cosmetic issues.
The time they take to work, as well as how long they last, also vary from person to person. Some fillers last 6 months, while others last up to 2 years or longer.
People should discuss their individual needs and expectations with their dermatologist to determine what filler would be the best choice for them.
What can dermal fillers correct?
Different types of dermal fillers are designed to treat varying signs of ageing. Depending on the filler selected, it may include:
- Plump up thinning lips.
- Enhance or fill in shallow areas on the face.
- Decrease or remove the shadow or wrinkle under the eyes caused by the lower eyelid.
- Fill in or soften the look of recessed scars.
- Fill in or soften static wrinkles, especially on the lower face.
Static wrinkles include those around the mouth and along the cheeks. These wrinkles are usually a result of a loss of collagen and elasticity in the skin that makes skin aged.
Dermal filler risks and considerations:
Dermal fillers are considered to be safe but side effects can occur. The most common problems include:
- Skin rash.
- Pimple-like eruptions.
- Redness, bruising, bleeding, or swelling.
- Undesirable appearance, such as asymmetry, lumps, or overcorrection of wrinkles.
- Skin damage that causes a wound, infection, or scarring.
- Ability to feel the filler substance under the skin.
- Blindness or other vision problems.
- Death of skin cells due to loss of blood flow to the area.
The cost of Dermal filler treatments in Delhi varies and depends on the provider performing it.
The area being treated and the type of filler selected. The list in the following cost per syringe:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite, such as Radiesse.
- Hyaluronic acid, such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero.
- Polylactic acid, such as Sculptra.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres, such as Bellafill.
These costs may be more or less, depending on how much dermal filler is used in the treated area.
Using less than a full syringe of filler may be cheaper than using a full syringe or more than one.
The skin specialist in Delhi may also charge additional fees for their professional services, office visit, or other costs.
In summary, the differences between Botox and fillers are:
Botox freezes muscles to stop creases and wrinkles caused by facial expressions. These are typically found in the upper face, such as the forehead and around the eyes.
These use hyaluronic acid and similar substances to fill in or plump areas that have lost volume and smoothness.
This includes wrinkles around the mouth, thin lips, and cheeks that have lost fullness. They may also be used on forehead wrinkles, scars, and other areas that need extra volume for a smoother and younger look.
Last 3 to 4 months, Dermal filler results vary, depending on which filler is used.
Botox and fillers are different substances designed for different uses, they can sometimes be combined in one treatment.
For instance, someone may use Botox to correct lines between the eyes and a filler to correct smile lines around the mouth.
Why Adorable Clinic:
The Adorable clinic is best for filler and botox treatment in Delhi. If you want to look young and beautiful we have the best dermatologist and team to serve you as we have ten years of experience in this field.